Now that would be a very nice idea if it were actually possible. Success in searching is always the ultimate goal. I may not be able to provide the answer for each and every one of you in your own search efforts, but I can make it easier for you to find genealogy travel tips on this site.
If you will note in the upper right hand corner of this page, there are categories listed. Each heading is linked to a post that has been written. Some posts are listed under more than one heading due to mentioning more than one topic in the post.
If you are interested in taking a trip to a particular library and want information from someone who has been there and to learn of their experience so you can plan your trip, then click on the hot link “Libraries”. You can then select the appropriate post.
However, if you are going to a certain area and want to know which library might have information that would be helpful to you in your search, then key in that state or city in the “Search Box” above Categories.
- A Site Navigation Tool – this post
- Family History
- Historical Sites
- Historical Societies - Fraternal organizations are linked to this Category
- Railroad Research
- Researcher’s Genealogy Trip
- Someone’s Ancestor- Original documents with list of names – Your Ancestor may be listed.
- State Archives
- Surname Cards - Great cards to share with other researchers – click on “My Etsy Shop” - on the left side of page for information on having your personal Surname Cards made.
- Travel - Information on places to stay – especially for those Genealogists who hate to leave their pet at home and are looking for “Pet Friendly Accommodations”.
I hope this helps and makes it easier to find the information you are searching for.... what this site is all about.